Network transparancy api review.

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:42:55 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Rob Scheepmaker <
r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> [cut]

Hi Rob,
just a quick comment about identifying remote machines. What about combining
public key authentication with the bluetooth pairing method (the host writes
a PIN, the client is asked for the PIN, the two PINs must match)?
This way if the user is too lazy to check the public key we reduce greatly
the attacker's possibilities. Using this approach we'd have to face the fact
that a lazy user could write "1234" as a PIN, too: the host side UI for
writing the PIN should warn the user that things like "1234" are not such a
good idea.

Bye,
Fabrizio.