KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/battery

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Jun 6 17:51:23 CEST 2009

David,

On Saturday 06 June 2009 13:40:34 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Samstag 06 Juni 2009 12:34:33 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > On Saturday 06 June 2009 12:01:26 David Nolden wrote:
> > > Why did you do this? From what I see, it should be "opt-out for geeks".
> > > To sum up the discussion we had:
> > >
> > > 90% Pro remaining time
> > > 5% Neutral
> > > 5% Con
> >
> > Design and democracy have very little in common with each other. Sorry to
> > break this news.
>
> Especially true for Plasma as it seems.
>
> So you're talking about visions. The only clear vision I can see right now
> is "Do whatever Aaron thinks is best, don't listen to users".
>
> Isn't this getting ridiculous? Now a useful feature is taken away from a
> large amount of users, just because _some_ Hardware/Drivers are broken, and
> one person has some pseudo-psychological ideas about "Trust your computer"
> without any scientific backing.

I won't make the point that you're picking one of the less important
arguments, just like I'm not picking on you for another set of ridiculously
useless emails you sent today.

I do ask you to be more friendly and respectful towards others, even if you
really *really* disagree. Your attitude of calling the decision "ridiculous"
and generally making snarky comments does not make it easier for me to take
you seriously, it just makes it a lot more likely that I choose ignore you. If
you don't manage to discuss in a friendly and respectful way, you're out of
luck when trying to talk to me -- and for what it's worth, probably most
people on the Plasma team.

So you either change your attitude considerably, or find some other place
where your behaviour is accepted. That place is not Plasma, or anywhere near
me.
--
sebas