KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/battery

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 15:51:25 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 06 Juni 2009 15:31:08 schrieb Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz):
> We discussed because we wanted to argue with each other and try to convince
> others about our opinions. But this is not about "decision making in a
> community", otherwise it would be just up to Aaron as he is the maintainer
> of the project. He achieved this role for what he does and have done and

Decisions done on a consensus are usually the better ones, since they include
more persons, and thus have a much better chance of generalizing over the
whole user base. Especially when they include such fuzzy arguments like this
one.

The whole KDE project tries to build one coherent desktop environment, and
Plasma is a central part of it. It is not alone up to the maintainer of that
component to do important decisions that affect the whole desktop experience.
The efforts of all other KDE developers are adventured by such decisions as
well.

This was an extreme minority decision, without good arguments, and the fact
that it is now backed alone for the fact that the maintainer stands (nearly
alone) behind it is to me a sign of lack of criticism, and that's definitely
not the path that leads to the best result.