Current Animations Poll for QT Kinetic + Plasma

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:31:30 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009, Casper Clemence wrote:
> 2009/6/2 Akmanalp, Mehmet A <makmanalp at wpi.edu>:
>
> > So, apparently, people don't use a large variety of animations at all,
> > and don't chain them parallelly.

> Something that is crying out for parallel animations is the plasma
> tooltips trasitions. Hover over an item to bring up a tooltip then
> move to another before the tooltip times out and the tooltip will
> slide gracefully between the two, however the content and frame size
> change abruptly. This really needs a fade (between toolip content) and
> animated resize as well as slide to tie it all together. Might this be
> a good test case?
absolutely.
however a problem we have here is that thumbnails are drawn by kwin so we
don't have much control on them, i.e, when passing from a taskbar entry to the
other the thumbnail will always change instantaneously, we can't do fader here
but would be cool yeah to change the tooltip size in an animate fasion (that
could perhaps even be done now, since is using a custom animation..)