containing plasmoid crashes

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 26 13:00:31 CEST 2009

A similar problem has seemingly been solved, by .... Google. Since google's
browser is opensource, one might take a look.

Every one of those tabs, plugin processes, etc., is a separate process, shows
up on top as such. I have an upload going on now, apparently in a chrome
process initiated from a website. No browser is showing at all--closed it.

Their approach is still very beta, has some interesting problems, but it
works. We would probably want to use dbus (I do not know whether they do).

Example of their success: Clicking a link in kmail, for example, will spawn
that as a tab in an existing chrome browser if one is running. Caveat--if one
died and is still an existing process, one must kill it before chrome will
work correctly. Beta.