4.4 call for runners (ideas)

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jul 23 13:05:58 CEST 2009

For us diehards that are resisting software over which we have little or no
control, i.e. nepomuk:

A runner to interface with recoll (I  run its indexer at nice 19 and I do not
know it is even running) -- this can simply issue command lines to recoll and
parse their output quite simply (give me a skeleton and I can play with this
myself!).

I am sure we can think of others.

Other ideas already proposed:

Kmix -- why would I want to control that from krunner. I think that the panel
applet does the trick more than adequately. Would I really want to put up
krunner and type in "mute" or "volume=75"? Anything else that is manageable
with a click or two which would require more than trivial text-entry to
krunner, to me, does not belong there.

A dialer for skype or any other phone app--i.e. command line to kall or a
message to my phoneapplet? May have its place in krunner but an applet itself
seems more straightforward. Contacts (akonadi) are already available in
krunner and kall can work off contacts.