KDE/kdeplasma-addons/applets/frame

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Jul 19 01:06:29 CEST 2009

SVN commit 999011 by sebas:

remote loading of images, performance and looks improvements

Performance++
  - Use QPixmap all over so we can take advantage of the GPU
  - Don't call QPainter->setOpacity(), use QColor->setAlphaF() instead
  - Try to not update the picture more than once per paintEvent
    Use drawPixmap instead of QPixmap.scaled()
  - Move most of the expensive calls out of the paint event

Remote
    Use KIO::storedGet() when a remote URL is dropped instead of just cutting the path out
    Download image using KIO, save it to the downloads directory, implement async loading
    of image (only used for remote URLs right now).
    BUG:177399
    (I have a patch coming up that makes it possible to load content dropped from websites
    onto Plasma.)

Looks
    The picture can now set a message, for example an error ("Couldn't load $image"),
    a status message ("Loading ..."), or the initial invitation to drop content.
    Also: nicer shadow resizing and thinner lines and smaller frame for small applets,
    rendering at minimumSize corrected, reduce rounding and shadow for small applets
    so shadow, frame and picture have saner proportions when small
    The default image is installed to our data dir.

And ...
  - Move the exiv stuff into its own function
  - reload picture when the file on disk changes
    BUG:179960

CCMAIL:plasma-devel at kde.org

 M  +4 -2      CMakeLists.txt
 M  +13 -7     configdialog.cpp