Plasma Unit conversion library

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Wed Jul 15 15:53:03 CEST 2009

Moin

>> I'm not sure how to proceed when multiple projects in KDE start to
>> use the same lib so I let others to answer to that.

> they get moved somewhere common, though i don't know where this one
> would go. it has kdelibs deps (so kde-support is out), i don't know if
> it really fits into kdeibs itself and it certainly doesn't in
> kdepimlibs ... we'll figure something out. we may end up creating a
> new module or just putting it into kdelibs; it does need to stick to
> an ABI at this point.

Any news here? Now that Akademy is over perhaps you discussed this
issue?

The problem is that translators start translation our duplicated code
which sucks. So the earlier we find a new place for this lib the better.

As a sideissue, kashthealien created this request six weeks ago:

	http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/779/

Aaron mentioned i18n()-problems, but those are not patch specific but
lib-specific. Aaron notes there:

"when 4.4 opens you can then merge the entire set of changes over into
trunk/."

So it is ok now to commit this fix to trunk? Most of i18n() is fixed in
an updated patch kashthealien will add to that review request any minute
and 4.3 is branched.

Carsten