bof?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jul 5 00:43:13 CEST 2009

On Saturday 04 July 2009, Chani wrote:
> does anyone have agenda items?

* slide in/out effect for panel autohiding and panel popups show/hide
animations should be in kwin

* extending the use of kwin's window selection effects in plasma, probably
hiding it behind an API. it's clumsy to set _KDE_WINDOW_HIGHLIGHT directly in
our code (ergo wanting a proper API for this) and there are probably other
effects we could tap into

* look over the various bits of kwin UI that are perceived as part of the
desktop shell by users (alt-tab is a nice example, though already covered) and
make sure that there is continuity between them internally and plasma

* ability to mark panels and plasma popups as "don't shows" in window
switching effects like present windows

* a way to get kwin to handle the dashboard window so that we don't have to do
the window management in plasma for it (it's really the wrong place for it and
it belongs in kwin)

* users are complaining (to plasma, of course ;) about showing windows in alt-
tab even when marked "don't show in taskbar, don't show in pager".

humru othro a kohnu se