4.2 on Debian Experimental Refactoring Alert :-)

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Tue Jan 27 16:55:17 CET 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 16:35:47 David Baron wrote:
> Thanks.
> Now I get them on the upper right and can click anywhere on them to
> dismiss. Before, they were on the lower right, larger and one had to click
> [X} In KDE 4.1, they did not appear at all. I did not miss them :-)

Hmm, they've always been there, so I don't know why you haven't got them
before. The only thing that's new is that currently, plasma shows them, so
they look nicer (and are extenders, so they can be moved :p)

> (These messages are firewall blocking actions and there are plenty. I want
> to disable them entirely as I can always view in dmesg or in the logs.)

Then configure your firewall software to not generate these notifications. If you
disable them altogether (not that I can think of a way you can easily), kopete
will for example no longer tell you that someone just said something to you.
You can configure each application's notifications individually. In KDE apps
under Settings > Configure notifications.