Ruby Plasma Tutorial

Niels Slot nielsslot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 19:36:21 CET 2009

In the last week I've written a Plasma tutorial for Ruby. In the tutorial
the reader creates a simple but functional applet using widgets and Ruby.
I've put it on a personal subpage on Techbase[1]. I would like to ask for
some feedback. I've got one and a half years of Ruby experience, but I'm
quite new with programming Plasma.

I've also seen the new Python tutorial, they look really nice. I'd be
willing to help 'translate' these to Ruby. When doing this, it would be nice
to have a way to share some pieces of the Python tutorials. The parts about,
for example, installing plasmoids, metadata.desktop and using the
eningeexplorer, are the same for any scripting language. Can we come up with
some way to share these texts while not confusing the reader?

Niels

1: http://techbase.kde.org/User:Nielsslot/RubyPlasmaTutorial