kde community plasma integration

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 19:28:08 CET 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 16:17:03 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> [lots of cool things...]

I've finished all the necessary things to interact with Open Collaboration
Services. Only thing missing is SSL support, but I've got someone working on
that.

@Aaron and whoever follows the JOLIE mail thread: making JOLIE adapters to
these specs is easy, and OCS' specs for the provider file are 100% compatible
with JOLIE thanks to a discussion I and Frank had at Akademy, so we could also
implement some kind of a selector for OCS provides. =)

iirc Cornelius raised the interesting problem of respecting KDE's preferences
for connections... we should spend a minute about how much of that we want in
Plasma<->JOLIE integration and how to do it: a dbus service by KDE's side that
JOLIE would access? JOLIE reading some KDE config file?