Welcome to 4.3.

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:26:53 CET 2009

> This one is a real killing feature...Beginners usually spend too much time
> trying to learn the scm tool or even avoid using one because they
already
> have to learn the new framework.

indeed :) they can use git without even having to know they're doing it! ;)

> Another good one would be to make the "New Plasmoid" create/deal
with CMake
> stuff as that is another learning point...

no need for cmake.
these will be scripted plasmoids, installed with plasmapkg or GHNS :)

> > i'm not looking to recreate kate or kdevelop, either. obviously it will
> > use as many of the kde components available as possible (katepart
for
> > editting scripts, e.g.) and the UI itself *must* be kept simple and
> > streamlined because it *must* be something someone can open and
start
> > working with immediately.
>
> Is it possible to create something like a KDevelop plugin for that ? As
you
> said just avoiding to create yet another development tool...

the idea is to create a simple non-scary interface for the.. less advanced
users. that's kind of at odds with the idea of adding something to kdevelop
:)
I dunno if it would be possible for someone to create a kdevelop plugin
later for people who already are used to it... might be a lot of work to get
the magical git integration stuff wedged in there... but anyways, that's not
the focus here. this is about building a clean, small UI out of kde
components.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com