More DataEngines questions

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 10:20:32 CET 2009

> Let's make an example to make things clearer. A user may want to
search for
> the term "foo", and another for the term "bar", and of course, they
would
> get different results. How can I make the DataEngine aware that the
query
> parameter should be "foo" in one case, and "bar" in the other?

perhaps what you want is a Service, not a Source. my memory of such
things is all fuzzy, though. there should be apidocs for dataservices, and
twitter uses them for setting passwords...

the other option would be to make the parameter a part of the source
name, like twitter can have "Timeline:chanika" and "Timeline:aseigo" as
sources. depending on what you're doing that might not be the Right
approach, though.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com