Question about Plasma::Applet::setConfigurationRequired()

Gilles CHAUVIN gcnweb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:10:22 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:01, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 February 2009 00:03:36 Gilles CHAUVIN wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 23:10, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Wild and random guess: try setMinimumSize() on your applet...
>>
>> I'm not sure how/where I must use this. I'll try to see how it works
>> with the other applets.
>
> Usually, it makes sense in your init() method.

Yes... In fact that was because it was in the ctor... Once it's
removed from here, it's working as expected. There is one thing I
suspect is a bug in Plasma (but I'm not sure since I didn't checked
other widgets behavior):

If you put a plasmoid on your desktop (and it shows the "Configure..."
button) and then drag and drop it to a panel, you will still see the
"configure..." button instead of the wrench icon. I wrote a workaround
for this in my code so it's not a problem anymore.

Gilles.