Fwd: translatoid

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 19 17:40:15 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, sacha schutz wrote:
> Le jeudi 6 août 2009 13:16:09, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> > On Thursday 06 August 2009, sacha schutz wrote:
> > > Maybe we can recreate Flags in Svg. This may be long, but drawings are
> > > easy
> >
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_flags
> >
> > flag images are not copyrightable, so we could just harvest all of those.
>
> That's cool! What next ? Use one Svg file for all flags ?  Generate png
> file in share/icon/ or Oxygen ? So, you proabably know better than me what
> to do.

that's a good question; putting them all in one svg may cut down on processing
time for apps that use the svg data, though for apps that want just one flag
(or a couple) it may be worse. some profiling would be necessary to know for
sure, but some generated PNGs is probably a "for sure" thing.

i don't know if we really need different sizes of PNGs or if just providing
one size and letting implementations scale them down is enough.

humru othro a kohnu se