Python, a taskbar applet and a noobie :)

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 19 11:09:11 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 20:37:56 Chani wrote:
> yes, I just committed some improvements to that engine yesterday. feel free
> to add to it. :)

I fetched the svn, I'll do what I can but C++ is not my thing.

> I'd be interested in seeing it done with the engine... I don't know how
> much is possible because I haven't looked at the taskbar plasmoid in a
> looong time.

I will keep you updated then.

> > Maybe it's a bit of an advanced topic but that's what I've got an
> > interest in. If I spend time on plasma I'd rather do so on a project that
> > can keep me focused. :P
>
> naturally :)
> making new taskbars seems to be quite the popular activity...

Yes, I've seen a handful of them on kde-look, however they seemed to be
improvements of some sort on the standard one. Mine will (hopefully) be
different, more akin to the old kasbar and equally friendly to horizontal and
vertical panels.

Cheers