how to use the cache-to-disk feature in Wallpaper

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:10:17 CEST 2009

2009/4/12 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> if you have 3 containments with the same image as the wallpaper, it shouldn't
> create three cache files on disk. so there is no real mapping from cache file
> to containment; there is a mapping of sorts between wallpaper plugins and the
> cache file they are using ...

ah, right, i hadn't thought of this.

For the rest, I agree, and I don't see any good solution...

The main reason for stale cached images will probably be if plasma
crashes (which is bound to happen as any binary plugin may crash
plasma). Maybe then one could say that, when plasma starts for the
first time after a crash, it prunes its cache (like removing the
oldest files until the cache size is under a certain limit, as you
suggested).

Cheers,
Benoit