Keyboard shortcuts and applets

Emdek emdeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:04:27 CEST 2009

Hello

And finally something about shortcuts. ;-)

First one question, for what was it designed at beginning? For focusing applet?
If yes, I think that that there should be added information in configuration, for what is that shortcut intended.
Or maybe separate it from rest of applet configuration (maybe additional entry in applet context menu, to set focus shortcut).

Additionally there is problem which I've mentioned earlier:
> One thing is clear (at least for me ;-)), that using applet's activate signal for unhiding autohidden panels should be
> separated from activation that comes from activation of applet's keyboard shortcut, because when you want also to use it
> to perform action (for example show menu or something) it will be triggered when trying to unhide panel (I saw this in
> Tasks applet and I can't use it my plasmoid, Fancy Tasks, because I'm using shortcut for displaying menu).

I'm not sure if these shortcuts should be used to preform action, some applets doesn't provide actions that could be triggered or have more than one action that could be handy if possible to access it using (global) shortcut (maybe we need more flexible mechanism to add actions and GUI for configuring them).

This is only idea, I'm not sure if this is proper way to improve current situation. ;-)

Best regards
Michał