plasmapkg

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:10:03 CET 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 15:11:15 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 30 October 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > It gets installed packages before and after install to get installed
> > package name(s). It then saves them to config so on uninstall we can get
> > the name of the package for the package file.
>
> package files are guaranteed to be unique in name (so i'm not sure it's
> reliable?), and if we wish to keep this information somewhere it should be
> in the installed .desktop file.

Now the knewstuff2 has UnistallCommand. Saving the package file to desktop
seem to work and I got comic installed and uninstalled through KNS, but would
it be possible to add pluginName function to Plasma::PackageStructure (or
maybe metadata that would return Plasma::PackageMetadata). This way we could
just get pluginName from the package we are going to install/uninstall.

Petri