taskbar: onlyGroupWhenFull

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:13:48 CET 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008, chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've noticed that marco implemented the "only group when full"
> functionality
> entierly in the tasks applet.
> Unfortunately i was implementing it at the same time, but in the lib
> instead
> of the widget ;-)
> Although the visualization has to say when the taskbar is full, i still
> think
> it's better to implement it in the lib and just set the limit when the
> group
> is full from the visualization.
> I think it would also help to make the code a bit more consistent since
> everything else is also implemented like this (showOnlyCurrentScreen).
>
> What do you guys think?
oh, didn't know you was working on it  at the same time :(
my concern is that in the lib would be a fixed number of tasks..
but i am still not too happy how it's done..
hmm thinking about it it would need to be able to change the number limit on
the fly, so the applet would calc the number of tasks it needs on each resize

Cheers,
Marco Martin