4.2 feature targets

Guillaume Pothier gpothier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 17:42:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Aike J Sommer <dev at aikesommer.name> wrote:
> I would still love to get kephal in... I've hacking on it a little more and it
> is now in a state where:
> - it's a kded-module
> - it defaults to "external" configuration now, that is, it wont mess with
> existing layouts unless specifically told to
> - it uses namespace Kephal and ::self()'s instead of kephal and ::instance()'s
> - i dont really see anything big which would be a blocker
>
> So... Should we put it in 4.2?? If so, what do i need to do??

Just a quick note: parts of plasmalibs currently use QDesktopWidget
for screen management and should be ported to Kephal if the rest of
plasma uses Kephal. If plasmalibs are moved to kdelibs, I guess this
means Kephal should also be moved to kdelibs? It would make a lot of
sense, actually, as screen management is not a plasma-specific concern
and I can imagine other apps could need it.