more task-refactor issues

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 6 00:52:40 CEST 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > > The popupMenu seems quite convenient to me. Unfortuantely i wasn't able
> > > to implement a BasicMenu on rightclick on a popupmenu entry but this
> > > should be ready with the "fancy way" as marco pointed out.
> >
> > when the user right clicks on a group, we can show a menu populated with
> > each entry as a submenu with action ites.
>
> if "action ites" was a mistake an means actions,

action items; the 'm' key on my keyboard is acting up. i'm hoping it isn't a
sign of worse things to come =/

> that is exactly what i
> tried to implement (but QActions don't have a  virtual mouseClickEvent
> function), otherwise i didn't get it ;-)

well, you can implement this using a kmenu, which has a bunch of contextMenu
items. but i don't think we want it on the menu.

so ... when a user right clicks on a single entry, they get a single context
menu showing "close, minimize, etc..". when they right click on a group, they
should probably just get a menu with one entry per window in the group, and
each entry should be a submenu showing "close, minimize, etc.."

> > one possibility is to just give N columns to the expanded group, to a
> > maximum of maxColumnsPerRow.
>
> how would this solve the problem, that a group loacted at the end of the
> first row which gets expanded would have to split? (since the order is
> fixed) We could of course move the group to the next row but this would
> lead to holes in the layout....

we'll need a way to split groups across rows. whether than means the actual
groups themselves or temporarily passing items up to the parent group for
layouting .... as marco said, it'll be annoying in the code but it's what i'd
expect as a user.

humru othro a kohnu se