more task-refactor issues

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 5 21:30:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

i've done some work on the tasks-refactor widget
and implemented multiple row support.

To bring it to a usable state i would like to discuss some things again:

Multiple Row Support

The multipleRow support currently works like this that you can set a maximum number of rows.
A row is considere to be full on a ceratain number of tasks (currently hardcoded 6).
If a row is full a next row is added until the maximum number of rows is exeeded. If both,
rows and columns are exeeded more collumns are added as needed.

-Idea to calculate value on which row is full? (or also configurable?)

Only Group when full (library)

-Should a taskbar be considered as full (for the group only when full option) if the first row is full,
or if both, rows and columns are full?

Group Popup Menu

The popupMenu seems quite convenient to me. Unfortuantely i wasn't able to
implement a BasicMenu on rightclick on a popupmenu entry but this should be ready
with the "fancy way" as marco pointed out.

Expanded Group

Since the current behaviour isn't working anymore with more than 1 row
we have to change it (exept we want to have different behaviour if 1 rows or more are chose..)
Ideas:
-popup which overlays existing tasks
-"zooming in" -> replace the rootGroup layout by the group layout

Show only minimized(iconified) tasks:

-should we add this functionality?