playground plasmoid redux

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:04:09 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> On Thursday 02 October 2008 23:51:59 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > there are geometry problems; if i enable the disk watcher, it works
> > rather nicely. however ...
> >
> > if i don't disable the disk stats module, and enable any other one the
> > geometry isn't correct (you can see this because the background svg is
> > wrong =)
>
> Cannot reproduce, might be because of the recent fixes.
>
> > the individual components also have oddnesses, such as when you put the
> > cpu monitor on the desktop by itself, the meter is all mashed up.
> >
> > these issues may be related =)
>
> I run cpu (and net) as individual applets on desktop and they look ok. How
> it is mashed up?
i get a similar problem with the following steps:
open the container applet
open two applet
close one
the other one becames way taller
and every time i open and closean applet the remaining one grows a bit bigger

> Screenshot:
> http://kotisivu.lumonetti.fi/damu0/images/system-monitor.jpeg
>
> > it also really doesn't work nicely in the panel ...
>
> All individual applets should now work on panels (Maybe not so beautiful as
> in desktop, but..). I'll look if PopupApplet is good for Main container
> next week.
individual applets looks pretty good, i like how the layout gets modified.
+1 for me about making the container one a popupapplet

> Applets use Highlight color for less visible text and lines. It's too dark
> in default theme for text. Is it meant to be used for text? Or should I
> darken the TextColor (or could there be another text color in theme?).
maybe changing that color (but that should be for a background, hmm)
or maybe mapping the foregroundNeutral role that is not used atm
maybe calling it DisabledText?