playground applets

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:09:30 CEST 2008

2008/10/1 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>
> On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > * The correct icon isn't being set on notifications (internal API issue)
>
> internal to the systray-refactor widget .. or?

Yep. It's a TODO.

> > * Detached notifications don't close. (What to do about this?)
>
> good question; since the user detaches them manually, i think it's ok that they stay until the user again takes action?

Actions in a notification don't (seem to) imply closing the
notification. For example, a notification comes from kopete and the
user clicks "chat"; kopete then explicitly asks for the notification
to be closed.

I can see detaching causing a timeout to be ignored, but I think that
a notification should be closed if an application explicitly asks it.