A toolbox is a toolbox

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:42:00 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:31, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2008, Michael Rudolph wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I just stumbled across this on gizmodo and wanted to share it with you:
>> http://gizmodo.com/5080163/what-photoshop-would-look-like-in-real-life
>>
>> The idea is really amazing. I think occasionally reflecting upon the
>> relation of real world tools and the metaphors we use in user
>> interfaces can really be eye opening.
> niiice :)
> but tabbars don't quite work here :)

Hi Martin,

you almost got me :-). But after thinking about your activity tabbar,
I thought maybe a real world tool for context switching could look
like this:

http://flickr.com/photos/soozika/138748773/

It definitely lacks some KDE bling :-), but depending on ones idea of
what an activity shall be, it might be fitting.

michael