little control icons everywhere

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:53:38 CEST 2008

Hi all,
a problem  we had a lot for instance in the applet handle is the bad
integration of oxygen icons into plasma and sometimes clash in colors (often
the rotate and resize icons are nearly invisible)

the various mockups i'm seeing, like
http://nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/image590.png
and
http://nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/imagefolders2scroll.png
don't have this problem, because they use custom little monocrome icons on an
applet-like background.

now, trascuring for a while how the handle will actually be done, i would
really like to see something like that implemented, of course the part to
clarify is how?
just to throw some random thinking in, this probably belongs more to the
plasma theme than to the oxygen (or whatever) icon theme, so they would be
probably svg in the theme? one file per icon or maybe a single file with all
the icon into it?
i am thinking to make Plasma::Icon support single ids inside a bug svg with
many of them, and then we define a set of standard ones (not many around ten
or so)
could be more simple/lightweight approaches?

Cheers,
Marco Martin