KRunner interaction and feedback

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Dec 23 03:00:53 CET 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 13:24:40 Casper Clemence wrote:
> I was considering how KRunner feedback and interaction could be
> enriched and have blogged some schematic mock-ups.
>
> If you have the time/are interested the link is below
>
> http://maninalift.blogspot.com/2008/12/krunner-and-new-command-
> interface.html

I agree on pretty much all of your points. We've discussed the KRunner
interface some time ago, and I think one of the conclusion was indeed that we
need more space for text (the 10 characters is indeed not enough), and that we
can make the KRunner window bigger.

Your mockups look very sensible. I like where it's going. The primary and
secondary display is a good idea to display narrowing down the search. The
integration of context items in the Akonadi example is nice.

For some of the items, commands seem to be exclusive (i.e. only one Runner at
a time can "claim" the "email" option. That's not the case right now how
runners work though. They all just throw matches into the pool.

We should all have a good look at KRunner during the sprint in February. I
think your mockups are a good base for this.

> many thanks.

Likewise.
--
sebas