plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

Matthias Welwarsky matze at welwarsky.de
Mon Aug 25 21:48:52 CEST 2008

Am Montag 25 August 2008 16:22 schrieb Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz):
> Hey!
>
> 2008/8/24 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > 5. create artwork for all this specific to the devices
> > 6. research!
>
>   Just my 2 cents: our experience with n810 shows that end users tend
> to like interfaces "thumb-friendly", so it would be great If we could
> imagine an UI that the user could use mainly with his thumbs and just
> use stylus for minor interactions.

I'd second that.

Also, I probably wouldn't focus the EEE series and "Netbook" class devices too
much. They're just little clamshell PCs and have a regular keyboard and
touchpad. Also, the screen resolution is close to regular laptops these days.
The Eeepc 901 has a 8.9" 1024x600, the MSI Wind U100 is even 10.2". You can
run a regular KDE on it without problems... The N810 is a much better
playground.