plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

richmoore44 at gmail.com richmoore44 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:14:03 CEST 2008

On 8/25/08, Marijn Kruisselbrink <m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl> wrote:
> Apart from the keyboard-open/-close events all the hardware buttons on the
> N810 are not 'special' in any way, they just send 'normal' F1,F2,F3,... (not
> sure about the exact numbers) and ESC events. So is something special really
> needed for this? I guess there might indeed be to make the same code work
> also on other devices where the hardware buttons are handled differently...

On the EEE 901, the touchpad supports some multi-touch gestures. The
two finger scrolling gesture comes out as a standard wheel event (up
and down), I'm not sure about the pinch and unpinch which are supposed
to zoom in and out though. I notice that they seem to have patched
some apps to support these last two, but I don't know exactly what is
required.

Cheers

Rich.