Patch for Bug 168126 (set different icons size for each folderview)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 19 18:51:03 CEST 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008, Benjamin Kleiner wrote:
> On Sunday 10. August 2008 12:24:03 wrote Aaron J. Seigo:
> > On Thursday 07 August 2008, Benjamin Kleiner wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > I hope I'm right here for plasma patches...
> >
> > plasma-devel at kde.org, actually ...
>
> Ah, okay, sorry.
>
> > the patch looks good, but the ui of the config dialog needs work. instead
> > of using tabs, perhaps it should add a page to the dialog for each group
> > of settings. "Location", "Display", "Filters" perhaps?
>
> ... you mean with a ListView/ListWidget, like in most applications, right?
> Okay, no problem, new ui file and diffs are in the attachment.
> (diffs are made against a new trunk checkout from 2008-08-11)
> I didn't got the icons to work right yet, though.

i probably wasn't clear enough in my explanation, sorry =/ what i meant by
"add a page to the dialog for each group" was to call parent->addPage for each
set of configurations (see the parrent->addPage(widget, parent->windowTitle(),
icon()); call currently there for an example). this will result in the proper
display automagically following how the rest of plasma does it.

otherwise, i like it, though now we don't have to hide the filtering widgets as
they don't take up a lot of space; instead they should just be
enabled/disabled instead of shown/hidden.

humru othro a kohnu se