on the tabbar widget

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 22:04:39 CEST 2008

On Friday 01 August 2008 14:56:14 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > I'm jumping in to the conversation late, but can someone post a
> > screenshot of tabbar?  I noticed the screenshot in the simple frame
> > review request had a dialog called "tabbbar test" with a series of
> > buttons called tabs.  What is this for exactly?
>
> same thing a tabwidget is used for in application gui's, but usable on the
> canvas (so it can manage not only QWidgets, but also QGraphicsWidgets).
> that latter detail is why we have to make one ourselves in the first place
> =/

Hmm.. well here's the thing..  the example in "tabbar test" is Button
navigation, not Tabbed navigation.  There is a visual requirement for the tab
affordance to be connected to the container in order for it to be perceived
as a "tab".  What is in the screenshot is still navigation, but a different
model than "tabs".

That's cool if you want to use button navigation to to replace tab navigation,
but you shouldn't really call them tabs because they aren't.

(just my 0.02)

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
celeste at kde.org