Themes and Panels

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 11:48:06 CET 2008

On Friday 21 March 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> Not important, but:
> Just to say that I wasn't aiming /that/ kind of deviations. I had in my
> mind the fact that if somebody wanted to make a button widget (to be
> included in plasma's base set of widgets for example) which could benefit
> from the SvgPanel for rendering would have hover, normal, pressed and
> disabled prefixes and not east, west...
>
> Cheers!
a little proposal on keeping both standardization and flexibility
it could have an enum with some standard sub elements, for example:
enum SubElement{
 Default,
 North,
 Easth,
 West,
 South,
 UserElement
}

and one would call paint(painter, rect, SubElement) to paint (and the right
string would be chosen from the subelement value)
if an applet wants to define an additional prefix
it could define an enum with values as UserElement+1 UserElement+2 and so on.
and use the function
panel->addPrefix("foo", Foo)
where Foo is UserElement+something

Cheers,