The stupid toolbox

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Mon Mar 3 20:04:11 CET 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008 13:21:43 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> d) realize that touch screens are going to be a much, much bigger part of
> our future and that it would be nice to avoid context menus. couple that
> realization with the fact that virtually none of us are using plasma on a
> touchscreen in daily usage (afaik?) and so we would have no other way to
> effectively test and use it

I realise touch screens are going to be a big part of our future, but I don't
think we should makes sacrifices for keyboard/mouse interaction defaults
because of a smaller audience.  Compromising to that level will only degrade
the experience for both groups.  There are enough significant differences
between the environments that we should consider a hardware-based profile.

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project & HCI Working Group