porting liquid weather to plasma

Matt and Sarah matt-sarah at kemp-whimp.com
Sat Mar 1 02:32:12 CET 2008

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 13:10:34 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 29 February 2008, Shawn Starr wrote:
> > I wrote the weather dataengine stuff for my plasma applet. I couldn't use
> > weather.com unless they gave me explicit rights to use their data freely
> > which I was not able to get a reply from.
>
> =/
>
> > my code is all C++ though, the engine API is different then what
> > liquidweather++ had.
>
> of course, the engine is accessible to whatever scripting language. and
> yeah, it would be great to have the documentation API in there ... i need
> to do the same for AbstractRunner as well, for that matter.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use that engine, or whether the weather.com xml
feed is compatible with a standalone dataengine type set up.  You have to
subscribe to the service, and so if I were to write an engine, everyone would
be downloading off of my subscription - which would make me nervous about
being responsible for abuse - anyway - I'll think on that.

--
PLEASE NOTE:
Our email address has changed to:
matt-sarah at kemp-whimp.com