[Plasma] looks and usability of applet handle frame

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:02:28 CEST 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008, Loïc Marteau wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Sorry if this has already been talked but i would like to open a thread
> about the frame draws by the applet handle.
> For people wo doesn't know well plasma terminology I talk about the
> configuration frame who appears when mouse is over a plasmoid so the
> user can resize, rotate, configure or move the plasmoid on the Desktop
>
> My personal opinion is that this frame is not very pretty and that there
> is not interest to make it an entire frame around the applet. So I feel
> that it disturbs the user visually and functionally speaking.

yeah, is really ugly, it was kinda on hold to eventually migrate at the new
system with the native "windows decorations" off QGraphicsWidgets
it seems that there is some really ugly problem with qt (items child of other
items don't paint the window decoration)
how is that progressing? someone discovered if "it's a bug or a feature"?

Cheers,
Marco Martin