KColorPicker and other plasmoids

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:17:39 CEST 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (please CC me for replies)
>
> > Is it ok to commit ?
>
> No, it is not ok. And the reason is *exactly* what you wrote on the review
>
> board:
> > Perhaps we have to put this line of code directly in Plasma::PushButton
> > to avoid problems with other applets ?
>
> You are solving the problem in the wrong place; fixing kolourpicker will
> *not* fix any plasmoid using Plasma::PushButton in situation like this.
>
> The fact that setMinimumSize() "is needed" to not make the buttons be drawn
> outside the applet (in case it is too small), smells like a Qt bug.
if i have an horizontal layout tall say 10 px i really must have a very tiny
minimum size for the items in it or i won't be abe to shrink the layout more.

plasma widgets to look good almost everywhere i think they would all need to
have a minimum size of zero and an infinite maximum size, and would put it in
the widget. (and this different behaviour is another point because
proxywidgets are sooo bad i think :D)
in this patch i use it in the plasma::pushbutton and it seems to work good.
the patch on kolourpicker is based on the one by Loic, i put it here just as a
way to test the patch on pushbutton :)

cheers,
Marco Martin