place for design docs

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Jul 14 19:48:21 CEST 2008

Alle 20:41, 13/07/2008, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> On Sunday 13 July 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > Plain text files, beautified using the well-known markdown syntax [1][2]
> > hosted on a git repo and automatically HTMLified and published on a
> > server as webpages (for easier reading) on each git push.
>
> i'd prefer it inside the plasma source tree itself, to be honest.
> otherwise, i like the idea.

I only suggested git because it's easier to get a post-push hook executed, and
so to update all the doc as needed. If we can put a similar thing in SVN too
without burdening too much the KDE server... sure, why not? =)

> > Then, I can provide and I'm willing to write all the magic tricks to
> > realize it, on ruphy.org at first, but that should be portable almost
> > effortlessly on p.k.o when/if we feel the need (I even have an account on
> > that server, so I can migrate it myself)
>
> we could just set it up straight away on p.k.o ...

Sure, np! I just wanted to use r.o for developing, but just realized that I
can do that on p.k.o too... ;-)

> the downside of this approach is community editting, as provided by a wiki,
> isn't as easy.
>
> so ... wiki on web only, or text files in svn published to web ... hrm..

See my other answer on that. ;-)

Bye,
-Riccardo
--