kickoff text not easily readable.

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 09:44:40 CET 2008

2008/2/25 Chani <chanika at gmail.com>:

> On February 25, 2008 08:49:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 February 2008, Richard A. Johnson wrote:
> > > I have been taking a look at it. At first I figured it was a Kubuntu
> only
> > > problem. I know the image part of the bug in LP is at least Kubuntu
> only.
> > > The text should be a fairly easy fix I would assume by just tying it
> into
> > > the color scheme.
> >
> > it already is tied into the colour scheme. it uses dark(). unfortunately
> it
> > appears that some (most? all?) dark colour schemes make dark() useless
> > against base(). this seems ... dubious to me.
>
> with midnight meadow it looks just fine. light text, dark bg, no problems.

I think that the main problem is in how some programmes differently
interpret palettes.
Once I tried to make a very dark palette, while experimenting with Pinheiro,
and turned out that even the plasma dialog "configure desktop" uses
completely wrong colors!

Try for example to make window-bg black, input fields (base()) white, and
adjust text colors accordingly.

I'm very much for creating one (or more, if needed) 'test' palette so that
developers can test easily their applications in the worse use-case
scenarios.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--