kickoff text not easily readable.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 25 01:49:35 CET 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008, Richard A. Johnson wrote:
> I have been taking a look at it. At first I figured it was a Kubuntu only
> problem. I know the image part of the bug in LP is at least Kubuntu only.
> The text should be a fairly easy fix I would assume by just tying it into
> the color scheme.

it already is tied into the colour scheme. it uses dark(). unfortunately it
appears that some (most? all?) dark colour schemes make dark() useless
against base(). this seems ... dubious to me.

palettes are treated by developers semantically, not as actual colour values.
or at least they should, since palettes can be a lot more than just colours
in the first place (brushes are fun and cool =).

i'd also submit that "base()" is not a colour: it's a semantic. just as with
most of the brush names in QPalette.

i'll need to talk with some of the resident colour and artwork people to get
some more information/consensus on this, but personally i'd suggest that
colour schemes should preserve the *semantics* of the colours not just the
values as implied by the literal name.