KWin and plasma's colorscheme

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Feb 7 14:13:00 CET 2008

A Thursday 07 February 2008 01:51:49, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Jamboarder wrote:
> > What about adding a hint element to plasma svg themes
> > ("hint-use-system-colors" or something similar).  If the element exists
> > plasma would paint the svg with system colors (using tinting or
> > whatever). Amarok 2 does something similar if I recall correctly.
>
> if no colour scheme is provided with the svg theme, the system colours are
> used. we don't touch the svg's themselves, however.
>
> > Don't worry about accommodating the many different types of svg graphic
> > elements and trying, from plasma's side, to make it look good.  Provide
> > one method (tinting or whatever) and let the theme creators deal with
> > making it look good (they're the artists right?).
>
> that's a bit like saying, "you can paint any painting you want, as long as
> you use a palette knife and cerulean blue to do it." even leonardo davinci
> himself wouldn't have managed the mona lisa under those conditions.

I bet you the artist would be prety upset 2..
some times i gett the feling peple expect that plasma will be as configurable
ahs kicker was...dough i imagine it is possible i think it was never the
intention to be..
My idea or what i realise, is that it can be much more themeble tha
kickoff/desktop ever was but you need to do a theme.
Adding lots of configuration options to an egine that messes with each
individual theme is i think wrong. IMO you guys sohoud divide prety well 2
things, defoult theme (wich you improve as much as you can), and engine that
is theme agnostic.
Not sure im repeting ideas long passed under the bidge if so sorry.

--

core oxygen icon designer