KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 04:22:03 CET 2008

(ok, this time I'm replying to the correct list! :)

> "Plasma has to follow the SVG colors" ?
> The SVG should follow the configurable desktop color sheme.
> This may sound crazy. But i'm sure this is possible.

in theory I'd like to agree, but in practice... well, my panel has a black
background and oxygen's default text colour is also black. that's just one
example of conflicts between plasma's svgs and kde's colours. in theory you
could solve that by making the panel have a light background by default
instead, but... eew. personally I think that would look really bad. and then
what happens to, say, the fluffy bunny theme? at a minimum plasma's text
colours have to suit its svg backgrounds.

I don't think that limiting the svgs is a good answer here. I do wish I could
do *some* configuration of plasma colours without having to understand
themes, though. maybe if some svg themes were self-limiting?

basically I guess I agree with aaron's "if widget themes shipped with an SVG
theme" comments.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com