[Panel-devel] reordering of applets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 24 23:59:30 CEST 2007

On Saturday 22 September 2007, cedric wrote:
> >just raise the currently selected applet above all others? this would give
> >us, essentially, 4 z-order values:
> >
> >Object Type  |  Possible value
> >---------------------------------------
> >Containment   -1000
>
> as applet are childen of Containment, they are always drawn after their
> container, regardless their zValue. (according to the QGraphicsItem doc)

yes. however, if we ever decide to allow items outside of containments .... it
just enforces a really strict separation..

> Setting a zValue to Containment relative to applet have no effet.
> But we should take care of reodering containments. All applet in a

we will need to do the same thing with Containments, so that the currently
active containment has a greater z-order than the others.

> contaiment below another containment will be drawn before all applets in
> the above containment, whatever are their zValue.
> Currently, in the code, I could see only one use of contaiment.
> Could they overlap themselves in the future ?

possibly, yes...

> >Background    -500
> >Active applet   1000
> >Other aplpets  0
> >
> >thoughts?
>
> This mean we change the applet ordering when an applet get focus.
> As applets are QGraphicsItem, I don't know how to catch a signal like "this
> applet get focus"

protected virtual void focusInEvent ( QFocusEvent * event ) ?