[Panel-devel] engines, applets and timing

Michael Olbrich michael-olbrich at web.de
Sun Sep 16 12:12:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:10:23PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> is there anyone interested in going through the existing engines and making
> the necessary changes? those would be: getting rid of engine-global update
> timers and implementing updateSource(const QString&) where appropriate.

I think I have some time for that later today. But first some fixes for
that new stuff:

1)
uint timeSinceLastUpdate() const;
int timeSinceLastUpdate() const;

it avoids signed/unsigned comparison and internally it's an int anyway.

2)
d->relays.erase(d->relays.find(relay->m_interval));
d->relays.remove(relay->m_interval);

in this case it's the same but nicer.

3)
in DataContainer::connectVisualization d->relayObjects[visualization]
was not set for (updateInterval >=3D1)
and related to that fix:
QObject* DataContainer::Private::signalRelay
SignalRelay* DataContainer::Private::signalRelay

to avoid casting

4)
it's not possible to disconnect during QObject::destroyed()
checking the sender is a bit ugly but I didn't feel like writing an
extra slot?

5)
DataEngine::setupdateInterval
should be
DataEngine::setUpdateInterval

right?

6) (not yet implemented)
I would like to change minUpdateFreq to minUpdateInterval because that's
what it acually is.

patch for 1-5 attached. ok to commit?

michael