[Panel-devel] BorderLayout

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 09:21:37 CEST 2007

> these everywhere. currently we have Direction and (screen) Location; adding
> position would round it out nicely.
If you say so. I'm a bit worried that this (top, left...) is not what people
will think of when they read Position (especially after QPos)

> - needs a dptr =)
Bummer. I was hoping never to hear those words -)

> - can you change the licensing to gplv2 or later?
Heh, I didn't see that I put LGPL... it was a copy/paste bug.

> - setAllFixedSize => setFixedSizes ? though the loss of code redability for
It came first to my mind, but then setAutoSizes looked just wrong.

> setSize(Plasma::Position pos, qreal size); or setSize(qreal size,
> Plasma::Position pos). less API and somehow feels more "natural" to me
> though that's 99% subjective =)
Nice idea with a small adjustment - instead of just Plasma::Position, it could
be bit-set of Plasma::Position so multiple positions can still be set at
once.

> - why both m_items and m_itemPositions? i see that m_items is used for
> itemAt(int) and is used to reflect the order of addition, however m_items
> can easily end up with more than 5 items in it (call addItem repeatedly =)
> even though only 5 items will be shown from what i see here ... perhaps
> itemAt(int) should just index into m_itemPositions, implying a connection
> between position and ordering? would lower the overhead and avoid mess ups
> with m_items...
I was thinking (and still am) to allow multiple widgets in one position. I'll
see what comes of it.

> otherwise, i'm in favour of adding this layout to libplasma.
Okay.

Cheers.

--
You know, there are many people in the country today who,
through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane.