[Panel-devel] Plasmoids with a missing engine

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 03:11:10 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 11 Jul 2007, Alex Merry wrote:
> There could be a field in the desktop files for this.
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-RequiredEngines?  That way if plasma encountered a
> plasmoid with a missing engine listed, it could leave it out of the
> list, and print a message to the console explaining why it has done
> so.

The attached patches give a sample implementation of this (although
they're probably not particularly efficient).

The first applies to kdebase, providing the infrastructure.  The second
applies to playground/base/plasma, adding the required line to the
cia.vs desktop file.

With the cia.vs applet installed, but not the data engine, opening the
control box gives the following output on the command line:

plasma: Dependencies of Commit Log plasmoid not satisfied.  Missing
engines: cia.vs

The logic in ControlWidget::refreshPlasmoidList() may well be better
suited to Plasma::Applet::knownApplets().

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org