[Panel-devel] wrapping up for 3.5

Martin Raum DerWeisseRabe at gmx.de
Thu Jun 2 12:01:02 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005 06:09 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Wednesday 01 June 2005 06:26, Barış Metin wrote:
> > I'd like to disable the tipping just for clock applet, when the calendar
> > is shown and re-enable it afterwards. I couldn't find a way to do it with
> > current KickerTip. What do you think?
>
> uninstall the event filter and then re-install it when the calendar is put
> away.
>
> i'd also suggest checking the timezone in ClockApplet::updateKickerTip. if
> it isn't the current timezone, then the time zone being shown should be
> added there. hm... in fact what might be nice is if a different timezone is
> being shown then show the time and tz name and then below that have the
> local time, something like:
>
> 19:00 GMT
> 12:00 local time
>
> also, if you keep the mouse over the clock and the time/date changes, the
> tip will be out of sync. see attached (built, but untested) patch that adds
> KickerTip::Client::updateKickerTip(). calling this ought to update the
> contents of the tip, so the clock can call this when the time updates =)

I'm currently working on theKickerTip class to provide an update function
which doesn't need to be called by the applet. I licke the current idea of
just installing an event filter and then let KickerTip do the work and I
would vote for keeping that. Yesterday I started the work and it's already
looking good (I took the time to redesign some functions). I hope today I'll
finish it and then I'll mail the patch.

Martin