[Owncloud] Client Side encryption with OwnCloud

Paul Greindl paul.greindl at riseup.net
Fri Oct 25 19:23:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 2013-10-25 21:18, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> On 25.10.2013 18:47, Paul Greindl wrote:
>
> Hey,
>>
>> @Cornelius For us who will be hosting ownCloud for other people to use
>> this is likewise important as I can't expect anyone to fully trust our
>> project...
> What kind of project is it?

A non-profit security and privacy prioritized cloud storager service. As
earlier stated we want to provide secure and flexible storage to all
those people (and they are many) who are not able to host their own
server. See our website (text is currently outdated):
http://molnetstorage.com/

>> I'm also wondering if there is any chance to get a feature like this
>> merged with the main owncloud sync client? Otherwise it will mean much
>> wasted resources if we need to patch each and every new release of the
>> client. Hope to hear from one of the core developers :)
> Yes, of course we can work together to merge it :-)
> Just find us on IRC if you have questions.

I'll drop by sometime the next days, OK?

> Before you start, please read [1] on how to contribute.

I will!