[Owncloud] Client Side encryption with OwnCloud

Paul Greindl paul.greindl at riseup.net
Fri Oct 25 14:16:30 UTC 2013

Hi!

That was what I was talking about, we are going to implement it.
Regarding the value, in our project it actually was a quite often
requested feature and I personally find it important, too! As I
mentioned, not all users have the possibility to host their own server.
That's why we decided to focus on encryption. It's all about security!

What we need is the opinion of the ownCloud and sync app developers as I
guess they have been thinking about how they would like such a feature
to be implemented. Also we could check how seafile implemented their
client side encryption.

regards

Paul